January 28, 2013

Haircut Blues

Saturday afternoon, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  It's something I've been dreading, but knew it was inevitable.  It was only a matter of time.  As we were getting in the car to go shopping, my best friend, Grace, broke the news to me (without regard for my feelings I might add). I have outrageous split ends going on all over my head.

To be really honest with y'all, I'm TERRIFIED of cutting my hair.  Five years ago, right before my high school graduation, I cut 12+ inches off of my hair and donated it to Locks of Love.  "Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis."  While they are an incredible organization, it didn't take long for me to realize that I HATED having short hair.  Due to the long period of growing out my hair again and hating the way it looked, I became extremely skittish of the shears.  "Hair-rexic" if you will...

I've had probably 5 hair TRIMS total since then.  (I know that's absolutely horrendous.)  As you can imagine and have seen on the blog, my hair is quite long and has become quite unhealthy.  So I'm biting the bullet and cutting off some length.  It's time to get some shiny, healthy, undead ends on this head of mine!

Tomorrow I shall give my favorite salon in Hattiesburg, Posh by Shane, a call.  If you're in the area, I HIGHLY suggest any of the stylists there.  It's the best experience I've ever had at a salon in my almost 23 years.  Here are some styles I'm considering:


This cut is in the lead.



I'm thinking lots of layers!  What do y'all think?

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

2 comments:

  1. I love 1, 2 and 3. Classy and chic. I'm having a bit of hair drama myself but I'm waiting till spring, if I can wait that long :/

    Algonavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best advice is just to go for it! I'll post a pic of my haircut soon, but I'm so glad I finally did it! It looks and feels so much better. Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy!

    xoxo-Chelsea Eli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...