January 27, 2013

Making the Transition

One of my favorite bloggers, Thoughts by Natalie, does a blog every Sunday called "Sunday Sessions."  I love these deep, thought evoking posts, and I thought I'd do something similar today.


The topic of family has been weighing on my mind.  When you're a child, you see them up on a pedestal.  Through your youthful eyes, they seem perfect, faultless and flawless, but what happens when you grow up and realize that they're human like you?  Is it fair to keep them on their high pedestal when you come to this realization?  Coming to terms with the fact that everyone, even my family, is human has been one of the hardest lessons I've learned in the past year.

Now please hear me correctly, I have the most incredible family and love them with every single bit of my heart, I've just been wondering how you make that transition.  It's unfair to keep someone on a platform that isn't humanly possible to stay upon.  It's inevitable that humans will fail you.  It is our nature.  It is MY nature.


The thing that I have found most comforting during the random ramblings in my head about this subject is the following:

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Romans 3:23-24

It doesn't matter that flesh fails because our Savior's love NEVER does.  He is all we will ever need, and I should remember that more often.


This a wonderful song that is truly my prayer today.  I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea. I found your blog on Southern Girl Blogger's FB page. Love your blog!

    ~ Ashley @ Horseshoes & Pearls

    horseshoesandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog, as well! Have a great week!

    xoxo-Chelsea Eli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...