October 17, 2012

Wishful Wednesday

I lied again! Gosh! I'm so sorry, but here's everything you've been waiting for!  I'm so in love with my all natural beauty regimen, and I would seriously recommend it to ANYONE.

So here we go..


All of the ingredients you'll need!  I spent a total of $10 at Walmart, and it will last for months.

Shampoo:

1 tbsp baking soda
1 cup water

I put mine in an old shampoo bottle.  Shake it, pour mixture on the roots of your hair and SCRUB for one minute.  It lifts the dirt right off of your hair and helps it to grow faster and stronger.  Rinse, and now you have squeaky clean, chemical free hair!
**Side note:  The reason that the "no poo' movement is so good for your hair is because it doesn't strip the natural oils from your hair like shampoo does.  When this happens, your body over produces oil to compensate, and that's why our hair gets so oily in between washes!

Conditioner:

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup hot water

Just like the shampoo, I put mine in an old bottle.  If you have dry hair, you're probably safe to put the mixture on your whole head, but because my hair is naturally very oily, I only put it on the ends of my hair.  Rinse REALLY well so your hair doesn't smell like vinegar, and you're good to go!


Also, I was kind of afraid of my head smelling bad...or weird...but it really doesn't! It just smells like hair.  It took a little getting used to, but using my Moroccan Oil helps with that.

Also, keep in mind that you will need to give your hair a grace period to adjust to not having all those chemicals.  It can last anywhere between a day or two to a month.  Give it some time, and I promise you'll be in love like I am!

Face Wash:

Normal Skin:  1 to 1 ratio of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
Oily Skin and Acne Prone Skin:  3 parts castor oil and 1 part extra virgin olive or sunflower oil
Dry Skin:  1 part castor oil and 3 parts extra virgin olive or sunflower oil

To make the mixture smell good, add a few drops of pure essential oil.

Apply a quarter size amount to hands and massage into your face for a few minutes.  Get a steamy hot rag and lay it on your face until it is room temperature.  Rub the remaining residue off with the rag, and enjoy your perfectly moisturized and soft skin.  Seriously, I'm extremely careful and particular about my skin, and it has never felt better.  This wash leaves your skin not feeling overly dried like most other face washes.


Deodorant:

1/4 cup of baking soda
1/4 cup of corn starch
5 tbsp  of coconut oil

Mix the baking soda and corn starch together, then add in the coconut oil.  Make sure you keep it in an airtight container.  To use, you just apply with fingertips.  You can also add a few drops of pure essential oils to the mixture to make it smell good, also.

**Keep in mind, this deodorant is NOT an antiperspirant, therefore, it will not keep you from sweating, but it will keep you from smelling. 



So, there ya have it friends!  Sorry that Wishful Wednesday was a little different this week, but we'll get back on track next week!

Happy Hump Day!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...