August 17, 2012

I Thank God for Unconditional Love


Whew! Thank goodness it is Friday, y'all.  It has been one loooong and stressful week.  Its been one of those weeks that has made you appreciate your normal, boring every day routine.  Let me explain, briefly.  Not only did we have a scare with my sweet Mamaw who recently had back surgery, but my precious Momma had a health scare as well.  Mamaw began leaking spinal fluid this past weekend and had to have surgery to correct it Wednesday morning.  Thankfully she is doing better now.  We have all been taking turns staying with her in the hospital.  My mom, however, with all the stress of being an elementary school principal starting up the year and having an elderly mother in the hospital, she began having chest pains Wednesday morning.  After many tests, they released her from the hospital and sent her to a cardiologist.  Needless to say, we are now ALL adopting a heart healthy, low stress lifestyle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to take family for granted.  Throughout my life, my parents have had a few health scares that have kept me from forgetting how blessed I truly am, but after this week, I have an even greater appreciation for the unconditional love and support that my family has for each other.

I am an only child.  Some may read this and think that I am lucky.  Others, perhaps even those who are only children too, will understand that this is not something to be liked.  Yes, it was nice to not have to fight for my parent's attention or share a bed room growing up, but I would trade that any day to know the love and bond of a brother or sister.  There is an upside to this, however.  I have the closest, most amazing relationship with my parents, my grand mother and the rest of my family.


My mom is my best friend.  If you have ever seen the show Gilmore Girls, imagine their relationship times ten.  I'm so thankful for her.  She taught me to never settle.  


My dad is my rock and my protector.  He has been everything that a good daddy should be and so much more.  He has taught me to never quit.  (Townsend's never quit.)  The men in my life have had A LOT to live up to.  Thankfully, I've found one, Nick, who does it so well.  


My Mamaw is the epitome of a strong woman.  She is strong in her faith and strong in who she is.  She has been through more trials and tribulations in her life than anyone should ever have to endure.  She is 70 years old, but still has the most powerful, strong hands of anyone I have ever known.  She is truly my hero.


As for the rest of my aunts, uncles, and cousins, I love them all so much.  I know that we love each other unconditionally and can get through anything that life throws at us together.  At any moment I could call them up and they would be by my side in an instant.  I'm so incredibly blessed.

So please excuse this long, sappy post, but I'm just overwhelmed with love and appreciation for my family.  I would never make it without them.  I hope everyone has an incredible weekend full of family and fun.

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...