July 24, 2012

Opportunity Awaits

I wish I could tell you all more, but another great opportunity has been made available to me.  It's not definite yet, and I don't want to jinx it, but I'm really excited.  Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me.



That beings said, I've been so motivated lately to seize the day.  One of my all time favorite teachers, Judy Gordon, often told us how she lives her life by the saying, "Carpe Diem."  She always encouraged her students to do the same.  This lady is awesome, y'all.  She went skydiving and took tap dancing lessons on her birthday the year that I had her as a teacher just because she wanted to.

It's been almost six years since this fabulous lady taught me 11th grade English, and the many life lessons she shared with me still seem as fresh in my brain as the day she taught them.  Mrs. Gordon made such an impact on my life, and I can only hope that one day, I will do the same for someone.



I digress, but what I'm trying to say is, I don't ever want to miss an opportunity.  I want to always seize each day.  I want to live every second of the life and never take it for granted.  I know this post kind of goes along with yesterday's, but it's all I've been able to think about lately.  At the end of my life, I want to be able to say that I did everything on my bucket list and that I used up every bit of talent God gave me on serving Him.  This is my goal for life.

I'd like to share some of my bucket list items.  Hold me to them, y'all!

1.  Be a wife.
2. Be a mother.
3.  Record an album.
4.  Travel to the following places:
-Greece
-Italy
-Great Britain
-France
-Africa (mission trip)
-Spain
-Croatia
-California
and many more...
5.  Build my dream house.
6.  Learn to surf.
7.  Go parasailing.
8.  Open my own boutique.
9.  Read the entire Bible.
10.  Run a half marathon.


What are some things on your bucket list?

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...