July 23, 2012

How Fragile, This Life



I hate to be such a Debbie downer after having such a wonderful birthday weekend, but it's a topic I feel should really be addressed in light of the tragic events of this past weekend across the country.

How fragile this precious life is, and we're only given one.  We MUST make every second count.

My mother has always told me to make my day special because you can never get it back, and lately, that statement has never felt more true.  We are not promised another second on this earth, so live your life with purpose and meaning.  Never miss an opportunity to tell your loved ones what they mean to you.

In addition to life being so fragile, we would do well to remember that every decision we make, no matter how small, effects others.  The mind set of "it's my life, and I'll do with it what I please" has always bothered me.  As loving citizens of this beautiful world, we must be considerate of others and how our decisions effect them.



I'm not saying any of this to mean that you must live your life in an overly cautious manner.  There is definitely a fine line in being cautious and being crazy.  I just mean that we have to be careful to not get so wrapped up in making decisions that make us happy and forget those we might step on along the way.

This past weekend, an upcoming senior at Brandon High School, Sam McCreary, was diagnosed with a brain tumor and has been in surgery this morning to determine whether or not it is malignant.  I've known Sam and his family since I was very young.  He is one of the kindest and most Godly young men and has a loving, wonderful, Christian family.  Please lift the McCreary's, Sam, and his medical team up in prayer during the long journey they have ahead of them.  From the updates I have seen, he has been in good spirits and the surgery is going well.  Please pray for complete healing for this sweet, sweet young man.  Visit Sam's CaringBridge site to learn more and keep up with his progress.



Happy Monday, hippies!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...