June 25, 2012

Sweet Summertime

Summer is without a doubt my favorite season.  Although this summer has been spent, for the most part, working at a non paid marketing/public relations internship, I'm still doing my best to make time for my favorite summer activities.  While the beach and time away from school or work are the obvious favorites, my list of sunny season fun is a little different.

Country Music
I love country music any time of the year, but something about summer time just strikes a chord (pun intended).  There's something about a southern melody that sweetly flows through the hot, humid air on a Mississippi summer night that speaks right to my soul.  Some of this summer's favorites are:

Drunk on You
by Luke Bryan

Springsteen
by Eric Church

Any Lady Antebellum song

The Summer Night Sky
I could seriously lay in the yard and stare at the sky all night long, and the summertime is the perfect time to do this.  I love to hang up my ENO Hammock and sway back in forth in the breeze.  There's just something so soothing and peaceful about staring up at the stars.  It just puts me at ease.  I even saw a shooting star while doing this recently!  Try it and let me know what you think!

Flowing, Girly Dresses
When your were a little girl, didn't you just love wearing those poofy dresses that you could twirl around in for hours?? The ones that got the perfect amount of air underneath them to make you feel like a princess or a fairy or whatever it is you dreamt of being, those were the best.  Wearing these kind of dresses, but updated of course, is one of my favorite parts of summer.  They're perfect for running errands or for nights out.  They're comfortable and cool and so perfect for those hot southern days.  My current favorite flowing, girly dress is a white, eyelet Flying Tomato dress I got last year from Irie Boutique.

The Watering Hole
So those of you that are not from the south will probably not understand this, but I will try to explain.  My friends and I discovered a little runoff from a river back in the middle of nowhere.  There's no cell phone service, and to be quite honest, it looks a little like a scene from the movie Deliverance.  Despite this, it has charm and some pretty amazing memories.  There's a rope swing and a limb at the very top of a pine tree that you can jump off of and into the water below.  There's a small beach/sand bar thing that I'm not quite sure how it got there, and it takes a good ole country boy's four wheel drive truck to get back there.  This is all part of its appeal.  I've had some of the best times of my life in this little country hide out.



These are just a few of my most favorite parts of sweet summertime.  What are some of yours?

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...