April 11, 2013

Thirsty Thursday: Coconut Watermelon Margarita


Sometimes, rainy  mornings like this just have to be spent at Starbucks drinking a latte.  It's that simple. Coffee makes everything better, even if it does stain my teeth and make my breath smell horrid.  I almost wish that every morning was like this, but I'd miss sunny, Spring mornings if that were the case. In case you haven't noticed, I'm currently suffering from a serious case of BURN OUT.

Le sigh...

Enough with being Debbie Downer!  It's almost the weekend, hippies, and down South, there are blue skies and sunshine on the horizon.  How about a Coconut Watermelon Margarita recipe for you on this Thirsty Thursday??  I'm thinking, YES!  Add coconut to anything, and I AM IN.


Coconut Watermelon Margarita
Makes 4-5 8 oz. servings

5 oz. Bacardi Coconut Rum
10oz. Frozen Bacardi Mixers Non-alcoholic Margarita concentrate
1/4 of a medium-large Watermelon, cubed and frozen (
1 Lime, cut into wegdes
Salt

1.  Pour 5 oz. of coconut rum into a blender.   Add one 10 oz. can of Frozen Bacardi Mixers Non-alcoholic Margarita concentrate.  Fill the remainder of the blender with frozen watermelon.  Blend until smooth and combined.

2.  Wet the rim of 4 – 8 oz. cups with lime and salt the rims.  Add the blended mixture to the glasses and garnish with a wedge of lime.

Let me know what you think!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...