August 23, 2012

A Love of Words

Words have the power to change us.

While sitting in my second class of my graduate school career today, it dawned on me that I have an immense love for words and their power.  I like words that paint pictures and bring up an immediate, detailed image in your mind.  There are also a few words that I hate because of the mental image they give, but I won't tell you what those are.  (Many of my friends like to say them over and over just to annoy me.)

For about three years now, I have been keeping a constant journal of quotes that I fall in love with.  There are probably 300 in the book now, and I add at least one or two a week.  So in honor of my recently realized affair with the beautiful, well written word, I think I'll leave you with a few of my absolute favorites.






Please excuse my recent sporadic postings.  Once my routine is established, I'll be updating more consistently.  Thanks for holding tight!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...