July 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a wonderful weekend filled with family, friends, babies, and car trouble.  Friday night I went to see the new Blake Lively movie, Savages.  Although it was DEFINITELY rated R, I absolutely loved it.  Blake Lively is beautiful, as always. (I'm obsessed with her.)  Taylor Kitsch and Aaron Johnson were incredible too.  I now have a major crush on Aaron.  The movie was all about a mexican drug cartel who are trying to get the independent, Kitsch and Johnson, to join them.  When they refuse, the cartel, headed by Salma Hayek, kidnaps the girl both guys love, Blake Lively.  It's pretty intense and not for the squeamish, but I loved it.  

Next on my list to see is Moonrise Kingdom and People Like Us.  I so love movies.




Saturday, I woke up early, had breakfast with the beau, and then headed to Brandon.  When I got in my car to get on the road, it would crank.  My battery was completely dead.  My sweet roommate jumped me off, and I finally made it home.  When I finally got to Brandon, we went to see a family friend of ours in the hospital who just had a baby boy they named Baylor.  (How cute is that name?)  He is a very special baby boy because a little over a year ago, his parents had another baby boy they named Baker.  Sadly, his birth came with many difficulties and he passed away after only a few weeks.  He touched so many lives though, and I know he sent his beautiful, healthy, little brother to his sweet parents.  Congratulations Abby and Drew! Baylor is perfect!

Then, I finally got to go meet little, Miss Viva Ray Malone!  The moment Allie put her in my arms, I fell in love!  She was so sweet and content.  She never even cried the whole time I was visiting with her.  Allie has been my best friend since we were three years old.  It was such a surreal feeling to watch her with her sweet husband and now her little girl.  I look up to her in so many ways, and I can't wait to see where the next 19 years take us.  Here's some pictures I got of all of us.









Saturday night and Sunday were full of family and front porch sitting, which I love.  I got to spend some much needed quality time with some of my favorite people.  

Dad and Squeaky checking out the scenery

Classic picture of my mamaw's cup of coffee
Now my parents are headed out of the country and its back to the real world.  Keep checking back every day during the week for a new post!

What did y'all do this weekend?

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...