February 7, 2013

Thirsty Thursday: Gin & Tonic


When I was Pinterest-ing around for post ideas, I came across a few fabulous drink recipes.  Then, it hit me!  Why not make a weekly drink idea post on thirsty Thursday??  I know.  I'm brilliant.  Thank me later.

Call me old fashioned, but I love a gin and tonic.  It's probably my favorite cocktail, and I firmly believe it's highly underrated.  Now, if you're not a fan of gin, don't go running just yet.  Try this recipe!

Blackberry & Meyer Lemon 
Gin & Tonic
Serves 4

12 blackberries
20 fresh mint leaves
2 Meyer lemons (can substitute regular lemons)
1/4 cup of simple syrup
12 ounces of good quality gin (I prefer Hendrick's)
tonic water
ice

1.  Set out your four glasses.
2.  Place 3 blackberries, 5 mint leaves, juice of 1/2 lemon, and 1 tablespoon of simple syrup in each glass and muddle together.
3.  Fill each glass with ice.
4.  Pour 3 ounces of gin in each glass, and top each off with tonic water.
5.  Stir each glass and serve.

Unfortunately I haven't tried this lovely elixir yet, but I plan on it very soon! It just sounds so delicious. Let me know what you think!

Bottoms up!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I cannot wait to try!

    Jordan Holt
    http://www.exclusivelychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! It's a must for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...