February 26, 2013

Thank you, Jennifer Lawrence.


I've contemplated this post quite a bit.  At first, I thought about doing a blog post on my favorite and least favorite gowns from the Oscars...boring.  You can decide that for yourselves, and no dress was just horrible.  Something that did stand out to me, however, was Jennifer Lawrence.


I know, I know, everyone has been obsessing over JLaw for a while now, myself included, but no one is talking about how utterly REAL she is.  The girl fell on her way to accept her much deserved best actress Academy Award, yet she never skipped a beat.  It didn't bother her one little bit.  She's not afraid to laugh at herself or make a funny face or say exactly how she's feeling.  She's awkward and funny, and I find it glorious.

Never would we see Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, or Nicole Kidman do such a thing.  That would be ghastly and ruin they perfect princess persona.  Well too bad!!  For once, Hollywood is giving us an image of real woman, and not just with Jennifer Lawrence.  We seeing awesomely real stars every where like Emma Stone, Miley Cyrus, and Zooey Deschanel.




We all look up to these celebrity women, and inevitably will compare ourselves to them.  These fabulous women aren't afraid to be human, and make us all feel just a little bit better about the funny faced picture from this weekend that got tagged to you on Facebook, the embarrassed fall you took in front of you class when handing in your test, and the burger you shoveled in your mouth at lunch.  All this to say, thank you, Jennifer Lawrence, for being so wonderfully and beautifully clutzy.

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

4 comments:

  1. Just like everyone else, I love Jennifer Lawrence! She's so funny and real. And I absolutely loved her gown!

    If I'm not mistaken, she also fell at the SAG Awards a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh! Haha! I'm just so glad she can laugh at herself! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      xoxo-Chelsea Eli

      Delete
  2. Hey Chelsea! I just found your blog through Southern Blog Society. I'm from Greenville, MS, but currently live in Chattanooga, TN. I will ALWAYS be a MS girl at heart, so your blog just makes me smile! Just added it to Google Reader! Love your writing style--so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always love meeting other Mississippi girls! Tennessee is great too, though! Stay warm up there!

      xoxo-Chelsea Eli

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...