October 8, 2012

Happy Hallo-Weekend Report

Autumn finally arrived in south Mississippi this weekend! Can I get a hallelujah?  I am beyond ready to decorate for Halloween, carve pumpkins and welcome trick-or-treaters!  I grew up in the middle of nowhere, so this will my first time to wait by the door for the little ones to knock.  I spent the weekend picking out decorations  on Pinterest.






Friday night, the Beau and I got home from work and realized how exhausted we were.  Therefore, we abandoned the concert downtown plans and traded them for Ben & Jerry's, snuggling with the doggies, and Dazed and Confused.  Perfect!

Saturday, we watched the golden eagles lose...again...and also got to see Nick's little brother's peewee football game.  Unfortunately they lost, but Jake is one incredible little quarterback already at age 11.  It was so good to see Nick's family and spend some time with them.

Sunday was just LAZY.  I should have been doing the mountains of homework and projects that have, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Mom and Lacey took Nick and I to dinner on their way home from the coast.  Mom got me the cutest necklace too!  I'm wearing it today! See:

Shirt | Gap, Cardigan | Gap, Jeans | Target, Boots | Steve Madden, Necklace | American Eagle

Ok..so you can't really see it, but I'm loving today's Fall inspired outfit!

Also, this weekend, a good friend of mine, who recently started her own blog (check it out here), has inspired me to do something I never thought I would do...make my own shampoo, conditioner, face wash, and deodorant.  Promise me you won't get too weirded out?  I think it's really cool.  It gets rid of the TONS of chemicals we put into our body daily through these store bought items and is really simple to do.  It's cheap, and it helps you become more self-sustainable and earth friendly!  It's really worth a try.  I'm gonna try out a few different recipes, and let you know which ones I like, don't like, and so on.

In recent years, there has been a movement called "No Poo."  The movement is encouraging people to move away from the use of shampoo and conditioner because not only are the chemicals bad for you, but it strips your hair of its natural oils.  Our bodies then over produce oil, and that's why we have to wash our hair so often.  It's really quite interesting and makes a lot of sense.  Instead of commercial shampoos and conditioners, you use a baking soda and water mixture for shampoo and a diluted apple cider vinegar for conditioner.  This is what I'm going to try.  Sounds crazy, right?  But people seem to have really amazing results with it!  Do some research and let me know what you think!

Any one else tried going poo-less?

Have a great week, hippies!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...