September 24, 2012

Weekend Report


Lets just say, I am chugging my coffee this morning.  After a loooong week last week and a weekend full of celebration, I'm still recovering while preparing for another long week.  I don't know why I assumed that grad school wouldn't be as demanding as my undergrad was.  I was wrong.

So, anyway, there's not too much to report from this weekend.  My mom came into town on Friday night to help me finish getting ready for the big election tomorrow, and Saturday was fraternity bid day on campus.  I have to say, I had a wonderful time celebrating my 5th SigEp bid day, but boy did I feel old!!  Sunday, I finally cleaned out my car.  Ever since I finished moving, it has looked like a hoarder has taken over my poor little Jeep.  I just have not had a spare second to remedy the problem, but my car is spic and span now! Yay!

I saw this image this morning, and it was a wonderful reminder of how we should be every day.


Here's how I will use this advice from a tree this week.

Stand tall and proud.
With my busy schedule, it's easy for me to get bogged down, and even discouraged, when things don't go as planned.  This week, no matter what, I will stand tall and proud even when I feel like slouching.  If there is one thing I've learned in the past few months, it's that God's plan is perfect and mine is not.

Go out on a limb.
Well, this week is the big homecoming election, and I am running for graduate maid! I would definitely say this is going out on a limb.  It's a little nerve wracking putting myself out there, but it would be such an incredible honor to represent my university this way

Remember your roots.
I'm remembering my roots this week by being soooo proud of my high school football team.  They're number 3 in the state!! They haven't been this good in a long time, so it's exciting to see the legacy that so many have left at Brandon High School shine in this way.

Drink plenty of water.
Although I should be drinking my eight cups of water every day, I don't think that's quite what the tree meant.  I think it's more of a metaphor for feeding your soul.  I vow, this week, to "drink plenty of water" by seeking inspiration and devoting time every day to reading my Jesus Calling devotional.  If you are looking for a daily pick-me-up, look no further than this book.  It's an incredible and short devotion for each day of the year that speaks to me every time I read it.

Be content with your natural beauty.
This one is hard for me.  I'm always wanting to change something about my appearance (not good, I know).  I promise to show myself some love this week and do my best not to pick apart my every flaw when I glance in the mirror.

Enjoy the view.
I promise to sit back and soak in the beauty of the earth and everything that surrounds me.  I've been blessed with so many beautiful people in my life, and this is a great reminder to be still for a minute, take a look at the landscape of my life and be thankful.

Happy Monday, hippies! Lets make this busy week ahead a great one!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...