July 2, 2012

Why I Love Being Southern...

Hi hippies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Although it was way too short, (aren't they always?) it was great!

I've been thinking about all the reasons why I love being from the south.  Although it's hot and humid most of the time and it's not always shown in the most positive of lights, I love every bit of being a native to the states south of the Mason-Dixon line.  I love the traditions, the hospitality and everything in between.  Being southern has been a privilege and an honor.  Here are a few reasons why I looove being southern.

The Manners
Yes mam/sir, No mam/sir, Thank you mam/sir, and Please
You just can't beat the sweet sound of southern manners.  There's nothing cuter than an a small southern child or a handsome man saying "yes mam."  Southern manners get you so much farther and are just so polite.  I just love it.

The Cooking
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, biscuits, sweet tea, and homemade bread pudding....are y'all hungry yet?  It's so fattening, but goodness gracious there is no better meal than a southern one--especially on a Sunday afternoon.


Small Towns
I grew up in a small town called Brandon.  God knows that I couldn't wait to get out of that town, but he also knows how much I miss small town life now that I've moved away.  Going to the grocery store and running into everyone you know, church with all your friends and family, and Friday night football games are some of my best memories.

Memorial Statue in downtown Brandon, Mississippi

Sunday Afternoons
Every Sunday after church is family time.  You go to lunch or Mamaw cooks and then you sit on the porch or play in the yard with the ones you love.  Playing in the front yard with my daddy after church are sweet memories.  Now, I love going home and spending Sunday afternoons in the rocking chairs catching up with my parents and Mamaw.  It's times like those that I will cherish forever.

and last but CERTAINLY not least...

The Boys
Y'all..it's no joke.  Southern boys are the hottest, and I can totally prove it.  Take a look at these two hunks from the south that are all over everything right now!

Matthew McConaughey
Longview, TX


Channing Tatum
Cullman, AL


and not to mention my handsome beau, Nick! :)

So I rest my case.  The south is amazing, and I love being a southern belle!  What are some of your favorite things about the south or wherever you're from?? 

Lets all have a great week, everyone!

xoxo-Chelsea Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...